British Chambers 2019 International Trade Summit
October 22, 2019
The CONNECTS team joined 500 UK business leaders and chambers of commerce participating in the British Chambers 2019 International Trade Summit held in London on the 17th of October.
The 2019 International Trade Summit event gave delegates practical advice, invaluable resources and the contacts needed to grow their business and begin the next step of their export journey.
- Justin Atkin Representative UK & Ireland, Port of Antwerp
- Marc Bunch Global Trade Leader, EY UK
- Jim Davis Managing Director of Export Finance, Bibby Financial Services
- Shannon Diett Vice President of Marketing, DHL Express
- Judith Slater HM Commissioner for Eastern Europe and Central Asia and HM Consul General in Istanbul
- Her Excellency, Ms Nomatemba Tambo South African High Commissioner to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Adam Marshall, Director General, British Chambers of Commerce in his opening speech:
“No one understand business needs better than other businesses. More than one third of internationally active UK businesses told the BCC that introductions to business partners and distributors overseas would encourage them to trade internationally – or trade more.”
Joost Visser, Managing Director TIAO / CONNECTS commenting on the event:
“Bringing the UK Global business community together on the 17th of October against the background intense Brexit negotiations going on between the British Government and the EU could not have been more timely. Having access to the best information and learning from other business leaders is more important than ever in uncertain times”.