CONNECTS is bringing you all year easy access to ESG Countdown community, know-how and training.
Founding partners Grant Thornton Belgium, BECI – Brussels Chamber of Commerce and CONNECTS want to ‘level the playing field’ for Belgium SMEs.
Why do we need a new approach to strategy?
Our aim is to create an ESG ecosystem, bringing all interested parties together with the aim to:
1. Build awareness and educate companies in Belgium and beyond about the ESG journey
2. Provide ESG standards and metrics that are size of company / sector specific
3. Enable self-assessment and disclosure for companies to report and disclose ESG journey progress
4. Provide companies with an ESG ecosystem of trusted partners and services providers
5. Recognise, celebrate and reward companies engaging and making progress
Who should join ESG Countdown?
To achieve the EU’s ambitious green transition goals, we need companies of all sizes, sectors and geographies to engage. This is a big challenge, because beyond large corporates and investors, there is limited ESG awareness, knowledge and knowhow. However, “There will be no net zero without SMEs”.
How was ESG Countdown developed?
On the 14th of July BECI, CONNECTS and Grant Thornton Belgium will launch “the ESG Countdown community” inside the CONNECTS platform, with an in-person kick-off event held at BECI, Avenue Louise 500.
This event will be followed by ‘the ESG Journey’, a series of webinars that will kick-off in September 2022, held inside the same community on the CONNECTS platform. The ESG Journey will enable companies to develop and implement strategies and actions to improve their impact in terms of Environment, Social and Governance (ESG).
What happens at a ESG Countdown workshop?
Each webinar will be an interactive session in which various speakers will share their experience and expertise, and useful tips, tools and processes will be provided to help companies get started.
Want to be part of the programme and the community? Contact us