Strategic Doing and CONNECTS – Doing More Together
February 22, 2023
In today’s world, collaboration is essential to meet the complex challenges we face. This requires collaboration of multiple stakeholders and experts at different levels and in different configurations. Successful collaboration needs enabling technologies such as the CONNECTS platform and collaborative capabilities such as Strategic Doing.
Strategic Doing teaches people how to form collaborations quickly, move them toward measurable outcomes and make adjustments along the way. Strategic Doing has developed over more than two decades of work with people trying to strengthen their organizations, communities, and regions. The Strategic Doing Institute, based in the University of North Alabama, USA has trained more than 2000 practitioners from around the world.
In October 2022, the Strategic Doing Practitioners Learners Community was launched on CONNECTS. Inside the community we run weekly Strategic Doing Talks, hosted by Ed Morrison – founder and director of the Strategic Doing Institute. Each week Ed has a conversation with one of the current Strategic Doing Practitioners, workshop leaders and fellows about their experiences in applying Strategic Doing in their organisations and communities. For upcoming talks click on the link.
Starting on the 31St of January Ed Morrison will be delivering a series of Strategic Doing Masterclasses on CONNECTS to provide participants with practical skills for designing and guiding ecosystems. In each Masterclass Ed will be focussing on a particular type of complex challenge in a particular type of organisation, industry, or community. To participate click on the link.
Watch the space for upcoming masterclass topics:
- First steps with deploying Strategic Doing: The role of core teams
- Understanding collaboration: A process of recombinant innovation
- Developing your skills as an agile leader: A new career pathway
- Ecosystems for regions: Designing and guiding regional innovation ecosystems
- Entrepreneurial ecosystems: How to design launch, and guide them
- Solving complex corporate challenges with an ecosystem: The case of Lockheed and condition-based maintenance
- Powering Open Innovation with Strategic Doing: Framing the innovation challenge with a question
- Deploying Strategic Doing at a large scale: Conducting strategy workshops with hundreds of people
- Pathfinder Projects: Understanding the engine of Strategic Doing
- How to develop trust, the fuel of collaboration: Where to start
- A short course in why Strategic Doing works: The key scholarly research
- Bringing Strategic Doing into your HR function: Where to start, how to scale
- Understanding our civic economy: Collaborations to support the market economy