At the heart of management meetings, digitalization divides. The majority of Brussels companies already have a foothold in the digital world, but not completely. This is due in particular to the cost and lack of human resources.
Digitalization. The term is so widely used that it is sometimes difficult to understand what we are talking about. For a company, it is as much about setting up an electronic invoicing system as it is about centralizing data or implementing an artificial intelligence system.
How much does digitisation really cost? There’s no way to tell. This varies from a few thousand euros for the purchase of a management program to a few million euros for global changes. To reassure some entrepreneurs, it should be noted that digitalization can be done smoothly, it is just a matter of knowing where to place priorities. “The budget has not been finalized, so it is difficult to be more precise. This digitization should provide us with a return. “To reassure some entrepreneurs, it should be noted that digitalization can be done smoothly, it is just a matter of knowing where to place priorities.
5 tips for successful digitisation
Bernard De Cannière, CEO of Audaxis and professor of digital transformation at Solvay, presents five best practices for successful digitalization:
- Understand what we are talking about: get informed to understand digitization, the different steps and possibilities in your sector of activity. Blockchain (information storage and transmission technology), a very popular term, is not essential in many sectors.
- Take a stand: a taxi company, a public works company or a bank will not adopt the same technologies. In your own sector, you have to choose to be a pioneer or accept to be a follower.
- Mastering internal processes: if a company does not have a good vision of planning, deadlines or costs, going through digitisation is a risk. The company must first have a stable framework.
- Act on three levels: Digitisation is useful on three levels: transform the customer experience, transform the business process or change the business model. It must be possible to determine at which level the digitisation is intended.
- Be inspired: you have to look around you, locally or internationally, to eventually be inspired by technologies, even in another sector of activity. Signage in a hospital can be designed based on a station, for example.
The original text: https://www.beci.be/2019/01/20/la-numerisation-un-passage-oblige-2/